Modeled after “Choose Your Own Adventure® Books, where readers choose what happens next, our “Pick Your Own Paths Trail Challenge” invites students, families, and groups to challenge themselves to hike, bike, walk, or run, a portion of the 65+ miles of trails that Victor and Farmington offer.
All registrants will receive a sticker denoting the number of miles you challenged yourself to complete. The Perfect Granola will give a free granola bar to the first 100 registrants! After registering, watch the library’s Facebook page for your chance to win prizes like cake pops from Gourmet Goodies, and gift certificates to local businesses.
All proceeds from this library fundraiser will help make the Victor Farmington Library the very best it can be. We’re excited about drawing awareness to physical fitness and a fantastic community resource through this challenge.
Registration opens on August 15th. You can sign-up to complete the distance that’s right for you, whether that’s one mile, 5 miles, 10 miles, 25 miles, 40 miles, 50 miles, or 65 miles!
$15 per individual or $25 per team of 6 participants
Plus, we’ll pay you when your friends and loved ones join us. The referral program will give you $3 for every individual that registers using your referral link (included in your registration e-mail), and $2.50 for every team that signs up using your link.
How does it work?
- First, register on or after 8/15. Watch your e-mail for a confirmation.
- Then, hit the trails from 9/1 to 10/30 and see how much ground you can cover!
- Follow the instructions from your registration e-mail to log your progress. You can upload a picture of your tracking log, fitbit, or a photo of you/your group out on the trail as evidence of the miles you’ve completed. Check out these great selfie spots while you’re hiking to capture special photos.
- Along the way, watch the library’s Facebook page for chances to win prizes.
- In late October, anyone who completes 65 miles or more of trails will be invited to the library for a special group photo.
- Finally, complete the survey to tell us what you liked about the challenge, and what we can do better next year.
Where can I get information about the trails in Victor and Farmington?
Victor Hiking Trails’ website has tons of information to help you get started.
Can I bring my dog?
Yes, feel free to bring your dog (on its leash) and doggie bags.
Who can I contact with additional questions?
Please call or e-mail Jessica Pritchard at the library. (585) 924-2637 x106.
Is the mileage for a single person or my whole team?
If you register to cover 65 miles, the goal is for everyone on your team to aim to hike, bike, walk, or run 65 miles. There is no penalty if everyone doesn’t make it and we encourage you to try again next year.
How do I enter my evidence that I’ve completed the miles I challenged myself to cover?
Click the “Manage Your Registration” button in your registration confirmation e-mail and click “Submit Virtual Results” to submit your evidence. Only one photograph is needed, so please consider using our tracking log.
Thank you 2021 Sponsors