Our Storywalk® has been updated with our holiday selection! Jan Brett’s Gingerbread Baby is a wonderful story that will take us through the end of the year. Please consider sharing a picture with us of you and your family enjoying the Storywalk®, and be entered into a drawing to receive a copy of Gingerbread Baby. (Please e-mail your photo to at firstname.lastname@example.org .)
Our Storywalk® allows children and adults to enjoy reading while spending time outdoors with each other. Brightly colored, laminated pages of a children’s book rest on 20 stands mounted on posts around the park. The featured story will change periodically, encouraging park goers to visit it frequently.
The Storywalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpellier, VT, and developed in collaboration with the Vermont Bicycle and Pedestrian Coalition, and the Kellogg-Hubbard Library.
- Bake Gingerbread Babies with Jan Brett~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc0P6Sb7tgM
- Learn to draw Gingerbread Baby with Jan Brett` https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0iiSD9PkJ0
- Create your own holiday cards! https://www.janbrett.com/pdfcards/pdfcardgenerator_christmas.htm
- Try these activities from Jan Brett’s website: https://www.janbrett.com/activities_pages.htm
- Design and print your own gingerbread baby house! https://www.janbrett.com/trim_a_jan_brett_gingerbread_baby_house.htm
- Listen to author Jan Brett read Gingerbread Baby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKbiWGq1WCQ
- Visit the author’s website for many more activities: https://www.janbrett.com