The Victor Farmington Library recently partnered with the Kiwanis Club of Farmington-Victor, Victor Hiking Trails, and Victor Parks & Recreation to install a Storywalk® near the playground at the Victor Municipal Park. Funding for the project was generously donated by the Farmington-Victor Kiwanis Club, with additional support from Victor Hiking Trails.
A Storywalk® allows children and adults to enjoy reading while spending time outdoors. Brightly colored, laminated pages of a children’s book will rest on 20 stands mounted on posts around the park, all cut to size by talented volunteer Larry Fisher. The featured story will change monthly, encouraging park goers to visit it frequently.
The Storywalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpellier, VT, and developed in collaboration with the Vermont Bicycle and Pedestrian Coalition, and the Kellogg-Hubbard Library.
- Learn more about the real-life Hosea
- Learn how Kathleen Blasi researched this story
- Listen to, compose, or learn about music on this great page by Classics for Kids from Cincinnati Public Radio
- Try a free, printable, instrument-themed I Spy games
- Color a picture like a saxophone, or a cool jazz-themed mandala.
- Play Crayola’s Music Match-Up game or learn to write the word saxophone!
- See pictures of volunteers installing the Storywalk®
- Follow these instructions to make your own harmonica. You can even watch Miss Krystina’s video to see her making a harmonica.
- Visit one of our local Farmer’s Markets or the Rochester Public Market, where Hosea used to play!
|Farmington Farmers’ Market|
1560 State Route 332
Farmington, NY 14425
|Fridays 4-7 pm|
Rochester Public Market
280 North Union St
Rochester, NY 14609
|Tuesdays & Thursdays 6 am to 1 pm|
5 am – 3 pm Saturdays
Victor Farmers’ Market
Village Hall Parking Lot
60 East Main Street
Victor, NY 14564
|6/3 to 10/28|
Wednesdays 3 – 6 pm