Our Storywalk® allows children and adults to enjoy reading while spending time outdoors with each other. Brightly colored, laminated pages of a children’s book rest on 20 stands mounted on posts around the park. The featured story will change periodically, encouraging park goers to visit it frequently.
The Storywalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpellier, VT, and developed in collaboration with the Vermont Bicycle and Pedestrian Coalition, and the Kellogg-Hubbard Library.
The boy in The Good Little Book LOVES his book, which leads him to exploring a variety of books and adventures! Here are some ways YOU can find books to explore!
- Visit the Victor Farmington Library, where you can borrow books, puzzles, DVDs, audiobooks and more, for FREE! https://victorfarmingtonlibrary.org
- Get your own library card! Anyone five years old or older can get one. Library cards are gateways to the world!
- Download e-books and audiobooks anytime from anywhere at https://owwl.org/ . (Library card required.)
- Visit one of several Little Free Libraries in Victor. Take a book, leave a book. Here are a few you can visit:
- Outside the Victor Farmington Library
- Mertensia Park playground
- On the Auburn Trail at the Fishers Fire Department
- At Tops grocery store in Farmington
- Visit the library event calendar for ONLINE story times, craft programs and more! http://victorfarmingtonlibrary.evanced.info/signup/calendar